Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A fabulous book everyone should read

How this book escaped me for so long, I have no idea. I was lucky enough to meet Dan Corrigan, Body Ecologist, at the Fourfould Path to Healing convention in Boston late last month, and I've been transformed by this book ever since:

Gut and Psychology Syndrome, by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride

While it's not about fermentation exactly, it is the best treatise I've ever seen on the importance of your gut flora. Honestly, this stuff should be taught in every health class in every school in every level everywhere. If the things Dr. Campbell-McBride teaches were understood, there would be such a change in people's attitude towards health.

Personally, I love it as well because it means that Zukay products are more valuable than I thought, and that my little side ferments are as well.

You can get used copies on Amazon, and at the website as well: www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the book! I'll definitely have to check it out - I've been reading Huffnagle's Probiotics Revolution, and as a huge probiotic fan I find it fascinating. And this book sounds even more interesting! So great to learn more about our "forgotten flora organ."
    - Anna M
    blog.nutri-health.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. in Indonesia there are interesting products, microbial starter in a package already contains 24 kinds of microbes, fermentation feed to wet it only takes 3 hours

    ReplyDelete